Our investment in research and development is above average.
When developing our new technologies, the focus is on added value for those affected, the customers and society. We regard ourselves as an innovation leader in our market. We defend this position through product innovation in regard to the handling, the materials as well as the application capabilities of our devices. In addition, we want to continue shaping the market by expanding our portfolio with digital solutions for successful therapies. The future of self-medication relies heavily on connected devices and data-based systems. Connected, intelligent systems that help to improve adherence and quality of treatment benefit everyone: Users, healthcare professionals, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare systems, payers, society and, last but not least, the environment. Therefore, we are increasing our efforts especially in the development of innovations and the expansion of technical know-how. Thanks to our active patent strategy, we are the technology and innovation leader in the industry. We are continuing to expand this position. In doing so, we ensure that our products and services always offer added value.
- Innovative and evidence-based healthcare
- Digital therapy management and optimal therapy outcomes
- Advanced solutions in our industry (technology leadership)
- Successful launch of our advanced and modular mylife Loop automated insulin delivery system (AID) for insulin pump therapy that runs from the personal smartphone
- Offering the worldwide first automated insulin delivery solution authorised to work with the Freestyle Libre 3 from Abbott, giving people with diabetes freedom of choice for the first time
- 30 % increase in smart solutions users
- 115 additional highly qualified employees in research and development
Learn more about Innovation & Digital Health in the annual report (PDF).