Already some years ago, Ypsomed began to rearrange and reorganise its production and offices according to the lean principle. Since then, all optimisations in production, including the “Production System 2020”, have been based on the lean principles.
The objective of Lean Management is to serve our customers’ requirements as efficiently as possible. In our daily tasks we always question what exists and look for new approaches to become even more efficient. We view this as a holistic approach in which the employees are the priority. After all, their knowledge is the foundation of our success.
With 5S and Shop Floor Management, we have laid the foundation for continuous improvement in production and production-related areas. With the implementation of “Production System 2020”, which is an important building block for sustainable growth, we are taking the next major step towards lean and autonomous production.
We understand lean management not only as the consistent application of efficiency methods, but rather as the holistic development of competencies tending towards a company that is constantly learning. Lean management has proven itself and is now firmly anchored in our value system.
Lean Management proves successful
- Faster and improved communications
- Fewer meetings and emails
- Greater transparency
- Support and further development of employees
- Promoting the self-reliance of employees
- More efficient workplaces and production rooms
- Improved ergonomics and safety
- Sustainable and positive customer impression
Value stream analysis
- Shorter lead times
- Fewer non-value creating actions
- Clear responsibilities
- Clear inputs/outputs
- Fewer uncertainties
Electronic data filing
- Standardised filing systems
- Defined naming conventions
- Reduction in storage capacity by 25 %